POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Known Bugs 14 Jan 2002 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:18:18 EDT (-0400)
  Known Bugs 14 Jan 2002 (Message 24 to 33 of 43)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Known Bugs 14 Jan 2002
Date: 15 Jan 2002 14:26:11
Message: <3c448253@news.povray.org>
In article <3C447B93.CC3C8553@gmx.de> , Christoph Hormann
<chr### [at] gmxde>  wrote:

>> It is by design for _this_ beta and part of the changes to the output that
>> have been in progress for several weeks now until a final solution can be
>> found.  The previous beta versions' output was incorrect, the current change
>> only disables the incorrect output without providing the correct output yet.
>>

> I suppose this means that part is still subject to change and i should
> wait with writing the announced doc part.

Only the "evaluate" part, that ios the "dynamic method" part, is subject to
change.  Using the method with the constant max_gradient I expect no need
for changes.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

From: Batronyx
Date: 15 Jan 2002 21:21:59
Message: <3c44e3c7$1@news.povray.org>
"R. Suzuki" <r-s### [at] aistgojp> wrote in message

> That is useful in some cases.  For example, try the following JRG's
> code with "evaluate 1.2, 1.1, 0.98" instead of "evaluate 1, 10, 0.99".
> http://news.povray.org/3bdf2d82%40news.povray.org
> The rendering speed would be faster than the fixed max_gradient.
>
> Those parameters of the recent beta work as designed.
> The description of those parameters can be seen at
> http://news.povray.org/3be10cf9@news.povray.org

Both of these messages are in the same thread and I had read it at least twice.
But reading it a third time in the context of your explanation of the useful
cases, seems to have helped. I wasn't clear until now exactly what the 'user
error' was. Thanks for helping to clarify.

--
light_source{0,1}#macro c(J,a)sphere{0,1pigment{rgb z}scale a translate J+O}
#end#macro B(R,V,O)c(0,4)intersection{c(V,R)difference{c(-z*4x+10)c(-z*4.1x+

Post a reply to this message