POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Can't undefine defined entry of array Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:21:06 EDT (-0400)
  Can't undefine defined entry of array (Message 15 to 24 of 24)
Subject: Re: Can't undefine defined entry of array
Date: 22 Jan 2002 10:21:28
Message: <2m0r4u069rep6sfonpi1b1c2o1b6ki7agt@4ax.com>
On Tue, 22 Jan 2002 16:08:45 +0100, "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde>
wrote:
> > > You are confusing a declaration and
> > > assignment statement here!
> >
> > From doc (6.2.6.2): "The #ifdef and #ifndef directives can be used to
> > determine whether a specific element of an array has been declared."
>
> And???  I see nothing about #undef here, so why would this be relevant?

According to your answer perhaps should be "The #ifdef and #ifndef directives
can be used to determine whether a specific element of an array has been
_assigned_." But as I said in another post differences are too subtle for my
English and I finish wasting of your time. Sorry.

ABX

Post a reply to this message

>> And???  I see nothing about #undef here, so why would this be relevant?
>
> According to your answer perhaps should be "The #ifdef and #ifndef directives
> can be used to determine whether a specific element of an array has been
> _assigned_." But as I said in another post differences are too subtle for my
> English and I finish wasting of your time. Sorry.

Hmm, it should indeed say assigned, that would make things much clearer.

Anyway, I think it isn't too much to add this feature as the actual error
message is generated in the function that does the removal of symbols and
nearly all releveant information is available there to add the feature (I
hope).  However, arrays aren't as "native" to the parser as they they appear
to the user...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde