POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : #include issue Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:19:48 EDT (-0400)
  #include issue (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
Subject: #include issue
Date: 14 Jun 2002 09:46:07
Message: <rcsjguc120v6s6a5kpnbk5vbn1pmio2ndb@4ax.com>
POV 3.5 RC6 icl on WinNT Sp 6 PII 233 with 128 MB

following file with following content is parsed fine:

  TEST1.POV:
    #declare A=array[2][2]{ {1,1} {2,2} };

but following files with splitted content returns parse error:

  TEST1.POV:
    #declare A=array[2][2]{ #include "TEST2.INC" };
  TEST2.INC:
    {1,1} {2,2}

Returned from renderer with error status
#declare A=array[2][2]{ # <----ERROR
Parse Error: Missing { after '{', # found instead

When I move '{' and '}' to include file then it not works too.
When I move 'array[2][2]' it works fine.

Documentation states clearly : "The language allows include files to be
specified (...) at any point in the input file."

ABX

Post a reply to this message

> Documentation states clearly : "The language allows include files to be
> specified (...) at any point in the input file."

This would also allow:

/*
#include "foo.inc"
*/

You should really not read the documentation as a specification because it
is not and never was meant to be a specification.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde