POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [wingui] EAccess violation Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  [wingui] EAccess violation (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
Subject: [wingui] EAccess violation
Date: 24 Jan 2002 04:19:59
Message: <krjv4u0lvc9k5h9hm05hk6onvvh43phqle@4ax.com>
POV 3.5 b 10 on WInNT PII 233 with 64 MB

Editor was closed with opened file on nettwork disk.
Next day editor started but disk wasn't mapped.
During start editor showed message dialog with message: "EAccess violation" with
something similiar and showed white window instead message window with welcome
text. In status bar there is obvious message "Failed to open file". When I open
new file and switch back to message window it looks as always (white content
disappear).

ABX

> POV 3.5 b 10 on WInNT PII 233 with 64 MB

Previously I have installed Sp5. Now I have installed Sp 6 and can duplicate
bug. Message at start has title: "POV-Ray Editor" and says
"EAccessViolation: EAccessViolation". After clicking OK whole POV-Ray appear and
default message windows is completly white.

ABX

> > POV 3.5 b 10 on WInNT PII 233 with 64 MB
>
> Previously I have installed Sp5. Now I have installed Sp 6 and can duplicate
> bug. Message at start has title: "POV-Ray Editor" and says
> "EAccessViolation: EAccessViolation". After clicking OK whole POV-Ray appear and
> default message windows is completly white.

This bug is not on Known Bugs list but I can replicate it with current beta 16
on different machine.

POV: 3.5 beta 16
 OS: Win2K Prof, ver. 5.0.2195 SP 2
CPU: x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~731 Mhz
RAM: 128 MB

1. create directory A
2. start POV
3. create empty file
4. save it in directory A
5. close POV (should be set to remember closing configuration)
6. rename or remove directory A
7. start POV
8: appear "EAccessViolation: EAccessViolation" message. note additional "E" - it
is not typical Acces Violation error from system.
9. after OK in message with error, white content of message window appear.

ABX

Post a reply to this message

Confirmed under Win98, PII450, 128 MB, Winpov 3.5 beta 16

Opening a new file seems to work correctly though. After that, the message
window shows the normal start-up messages.

Marc-Hendrik

<abx### [at] babilonorg>