POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [wingui] EAccess violation : Re: [wingui] EAccess violation Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:23:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [wingui] EAccess violation
Date: 10 Apr 2002 05:31:34
Message: <hv08bu4afg8f1pbb74rk0rtbam87pdasrt@4ax.com>

wrote:

> > POV 3.5 b 10 on WInNT PII 233 with 64 MB
>
> Previously I have installed Sp5. Now I have installed Sp 6 and can duplicate
> bug. Message at start has title: "POV-Ray Editor" and says
> "EAccessViolation: EAccessViolation". After clicking OK whole POV-Ray appear and
> default message windows is completly white.

This bug is not on Known Bugs list but I can replicate it with current beta 16
on different machine.

POV: 3.5 beta 16
 OS: Win2K Prof, ver. 5.0.2195 SP 2
CPU: x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~731 Mhz
RAM: 128 MB

1. create directory A
2. start POV
3. create empty file
4. save it in directory A
5. close POV (should be set to remember closing configuration)
6. rename or remove directory A
7. start POV
8: appear "EAccessViolation: EAccessViolation" message. note additional "E" - it
is not typical Acces Violation error from system.
9. after OK in message with error, white content of message window appear.

ABX