POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Media densities Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:24:34 EDT (-0400)
  Media densities (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Slime
Subject: Media densities
Date: 3 Feb 2002 15:07:09
Message: <3c5d986d$1@news.povray.org>
Media densities are clipped to the region [0,1]. (Simple proof: make a media
with a density of function{1.01} and the media will be the same as though it
were just function{.01}.) Is this the intended behavior? It seems to me that
it's perfectly logical to specify a media that's higher than 1. In fact, if
I want to keep the same average density, but create a little noise in it, I
have to do something like function{f_noise3d(x,y,z)+.5}, which doesn't work
as expected with the current behavior.

- Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]
[ http://www.slimeland.com/images/ ]