POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : strange results with evaluate Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:25:37 EDT (-0400)
  strange results with evaluate (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: JRG
Subject: strange results with evaluate
Date: 8 Sep 2001 16:29:26
Message: <3b9a7fa6@news.povray.org>
Evalute 1,10,0.99 leads to strange results and slow renderings (I got 400
max_gradient ?!)
Shouldn't  1,1,0.99 be a good starting point? (1,10,0.99 is suggested by the
doc).

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question: what should isosurface speed
performances be campared to MegaPov's? I'm asking this because Warp's torus
(see image posted in p-b-i) takes more to render in POV 3.5.

Also (for Ingo) if you search for 'evaluate' in the index you are directed
to the right page but not to the very right spot.

Povray for windows v3.5b windowsme amdathlon 1000 256 megs

--
Jonathan

Post a reply to this message