POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 3.5 gives me memory Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:27:07 EDT (-0400)
  3.5 gives me memory (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
Subject: 3.5 gives me memory
Date: 28 Jan 2002 04:17:08
Message: <v25a5ugp19obv29b23ii7pp8r9srkudrd9@4ax.com>
POV 3.5 b 10 icl on Win 95 OSR-2 PII 233 with 128 MB

I know there are some reports with not unlocked memory (and I can confirm those
reports) but I want report something different. Once time I have started and
stoped parse or trace.  Sometimes I made changes (during trace) and save (during
trace) then stop trace and start again. After a few starting and stoping I
scrolled up Message Window and found on one of finished traces that statistic
reported over 4 GB of RAM as peak memory used, while I have 128 MB of RAM and no
more 200 MB free on HD. I'm sure it was 4GB (I counted it many times) but
unfortunatelly I can't duplicate this anymore and can't give originall scene :-(
Anyway I want to report it.

ABX

Post a reply to this message

>POV 3.5 b 10 icl on Win 95 OSR-2 PII 233 with 128 MB
>
>I know there are some reports with not unlocked memory (and I can confirm those
>reports)

Could you specify which ones you are confirming, please. (Preferably by
replying to the original thread). Some of the memory leak reports are
still unconfirmed.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure

Date: 4 Feb 2002 03:16:29
Message: <ckgs5u06mehpecch4726u4vh7lm4knth9s@4ax.com>
On Sat, 2 Feb 2002 07:51:14 +0000, Mike Williams <mik### [at] nospamplease> wrote:
> > I know there are some reports with not unlocked memory (and I can confirm those
> > reports)
>
> Could you specify which ones you are confirming, please. (Preferably by
> replying to the original thread). Some of the memory leak reports are
> still unconfirmed.

It's general observation. After a few runs and stops povray not unlocks memory.
I try to find shortest code to reproduce my cases.

ABX

Post a reply to this message

>On Sat, 2 Feb 2002 07:51:14 +0000, Mike Williams <mik### [at] nospamplease> wrote:
>> > I know there are some reports with not unlocked memory (and I can confirm
>those
>> > reports)
>>
>> Could you specify which ones you are confirming, please. (Preferably by
>> replying to the original thread). Some of the memory leak reports are
>> still unconfirmed.
>
>It's general observation. After a few runs and stops povray not unlocks memory.
>I try to find shortest code to reproduce my cases.

I'll not move it/them onto the know bugs list yet then.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure