POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.7.1-beta.7 Released Server Time
28 Mar 2024 15:30:04 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray v3.7.1-beta.7 Released (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: clipka
Subject: POV-Ray v3.7.1-beta.7 Released
Date: 14 May 2017 05:32:50
Message: <59182442$1@news.povray.org>
Beta 7 is out now:

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.7.1-beta.7

This is primarily a hotfix for beta 6 to solve the "illegal instruction"
crashes seen on non-AVX-capable CPUs (and address performance issues
seen on most other CPUs). It also fixes a few sphere sweep issues.

Happy testing!

Post a reply to this message

> This is primarily a hotfix for beta 6 to solve the "illegal instruction"
> crashes seen on non-AVX-capable CPUs (and address performance issues
> seen on most other CPUs). It also fixes a few sphere sweep issues.
>

> Happy testing!

this (3.7.1-beta.7+msvc14.win64) worked fine on a win7 64 machine with e5450
xeon harpertown (core2/penryn) cpus.

it (3.7.1-beta.7+msvc14.sse2.win32) also worked on a winxp 32 machine with a
l5410 xeon harpertown (core2/penryn) cpu.

thank you for your efforts.

Post a reply to this message