POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.7.1-beta.7 Released : Re: POV-Ray v3.7.1-beta.7 Released Server Time
20 Apr 2024 09:22:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.7.1-beta.7 Released
From: omniverse
Date: 15 May 2017 01:20:01
Message: <web.59193a25414cc19c9c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
"omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:
It also fixes a few sphere sweep issues

> Haven't really been able to check it out thoroughly yet but my sphere_sweep test
> scene still shows a dark line through the middle of it.
> However did not see anything wrong with a shell coil shape I did to check that.
> As well as a differencing of the same object from itself, scaled and translated.

Tried again with the chart/graph sphere_sweep that had shown the problem before,
except camera changed to perspective instead of orthographic, and angle
increased to get a better look too.

Beta 6 makes a mess of it. I could clean it up by using tolerance 0.3, just
doesn't seem to improve beyond that.

Posting comparison of that from official 3.7 and beta 6 at p.b.images.

Bob