POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.7.1-beta.3 Released Server Time
27 Apr 2024 12:53:26 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray v3.7.1-beta.3 Released (Message 7 to 16 of 26)
<<< Previous 6 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: POV-Ray v3.7.1-beta.3 Released
Date: 20 Feb 2017 00:41:49
Message: <58aa819d$1@news.povray.org>
On 2017-02-20 01:13 AM (-4), Kenneth wrote:
> My reason for wanting to stick with XP? Stability. And familiarity. It's not
> that I'm against upgrading to newer OS versions; it's just that the learning
> curve 'gets in the way', so to speak. I would rather be *productive* on a
> computer, instead of having to spend lots of time getting used to a new OS and
> its quirks. Even Win7 is somewhat of a new learning curve, for me. I do miss my
> XP machine.

I feel your pain.  The Win7 learning curve was so steep, I ended up
switching to GNU/Linux!

I use Win10 away from home, and find it far less unpleasant than Win7,
though I still would have preferred the straightforwardness of WinXP.
Unfortunately(?), I boot up Win7 at home so seldom that it hasn't had a
chance to download Win10.

Post a reply to this message