POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Public Beta Release v3.7.1-beta.2 Server Time
9 Jun 2024 13:41:11 EDT (-0400)
  Public Beta Release v3.7.1-beta.2 (Message 7 to 16 of 46)
<<< Previous 6 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Public Beta Release v3.7.1-beta.2
Date: 11 Jan 2017 12:37:04
Message: <58766d40$1@news.povray.org>
Am 11.01.2017 um 17:09 schrieb LanuHum:

> I have another computer. AMD (1 kernel,1 thread) Povray has not been set. It was
> the first compilation.
> ...../configure --prefix=/usr COMPILED_BY=Lanuhum  no problem
> make no problem
> make install no problem
> run povray - problem

There is little we can do if all the feedback we get is "run povray -
problem".

/What/ problem?

Are you talking about the same symptoms as those mentioned in the other
post? If so, then see the response to that post for what additional
information might help us help you.

> Previously, I have a hundred times povray created from the source code.
> Sometimes it was a configuration error.
> This case (beta 2) is the first.
>
> Now I installed 3.7.0 of the repository - no problem.

It would be interesting to know whether the latest tagged alpha
(v3.7.1-alpha.8927145) works better than the beta. Since we've made only
very few changes to the source code since then, that would give us a
clear hint where to search for things that might be going wrong.

Post a reply to this message

> I have another computer. AMD (1 kernel,1 thread) Povray has not been set. It was
> the first compilation.
> ...../configure --prefix=/usr COMPILED_BY=Lanuhum  no problem
> make no problem
> make install no problem
> run povray - problem

BTW, did you try "make check" before "make install"?

That should give an indication whether the problem is with the binary
itself, or with how it gets installed.

Post a reply to this message

> > I have another computer. AMD (1 kernel,1 thread) Povray has not been set. It was
> > the first compilation.
> > ...../configure --prefix=/usr COMPILED_BY=Lanuhum  no problem
> > make no problem
> > make install no problem
> > run povray - problem
>
> There is little we can do if all the feedback we get is "run povray -
> problem".
>
> /What/ problem?

While only I see it:
Error in `/usr/bin/povray': free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x00007f2ff0017120

Creation of the source code takes a lot of time.
In my free time, I try more...

Post a reply to this message