POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Windows beta29: loosing the rendering window Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Windows beta29: loosing the rendering window (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Windows beta29: loosing the rendering window
Date: 9 Oct 2008 12:52:31
Message: <48ee36cf$1@news.povray.org>
Hello, a tricky one... purely at the GUI level.

I was rendering i_internal.pov (a bit long at 800x600 with AA 0.01), and
click the cross to close the rendering window. From that, the icon in the
main window to show/hide the window remains a grey-shadow... and no way
to re-open the rendering window without exiting povray (and restarting).

This was with the povray beta29 for 32bit windows, on Pentium4, Windows
XP; binary as provided by website.

Have a nice day.

Post a reply to this message

On 9 Oct 2008 12:52:31 -0400, Le Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:

>This was with the povray beta29 for 32bit windows, on Pentium4, Windows
>XP; binary as provided by website.

I worked fine on Vista SP1 for me.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> I was rendering i_internal.pov (a bit long at 800x600 with AA 0.01), and
> click the cross to close the rendering window. From that, the icon in the
> main window to show/hide the window remains a grey-shadow... and no way
> to re-open the rendering window without exiting povray (and restarting).

I couldn't replicate this when I tried; if you do manage to find a way to make
it happen reliably I'd be keen to track the cause down.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message