POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 3.7 under Vista x64 under Boot Camp Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  3.7 under Vista x64 under Boot Camp (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Dennis Miller
Subject: 3.7 under Vista x64 under Boot Camp
Date: 10 Mar 2008 23:14:29
Message: <47d60725$1@news.povray.org>
I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 under Boot Camp on a Leopard Mac Pro (8-core,
16 GB RAM) and got 3.7 running... just a few scenes so far. The Menger file
compiles in "0" seconds ( ;-) ) but when I tried to drag menger.pov onto the
editor window from a folder, POV crashed and I saved the dump file. Where
should I send that, assuming you would like to see it?
Also happy to test anything needed...
best.

dhm### [at] comcastnet
http://www.dennismiller.neu.edu

Post a reply to this message

> I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 under Boot Camp on a Leopard Mac Pro (8-core,
> 16 GB RAM) and got 3.7 running... just a few scenes so far. The Menger file
> compiles in "0" seconds ( ;-) ) but when I tried to drag menger.pov onto the
> editor window from a folder, POV crashed and I saved the dump file. Where
> should I send that, assuming you would like to see it?

There was an earlier beta that had a known bug identical to the above: can
you confirm you are using beta 25a?

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

"Chris Cason" <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote in
message news:47d66553$1@news.povray.org...
> Dennis Miller wrote:
>> I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 under Boot Camp on a Leopard Mac Pro
>> (8-core,
>> 16 GB RAM) and got 3.7 running... just a few scenes so far. The Menger
>> file
>> compiles in "0" seconds ( ;-) ) but when I tried to drag menger.pov onto
>> the
>> editor window from a folder, POV crashed and I saved the dump file. Where
>> should I send that, assuming you would like to see it?
>
> There was an earlier beta that had a known bug identical to the above: can
> you confirm you are using beta 25a?
>
> -- Chris

Post a reply to this message