POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : ver. 3.7 beta 17 dump file Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:00 EDT (-0400)
  ver. 3.7 beta 17 dump file (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: BinaryCortex
Subject: ver. 3.7 beta 17 dump file
Date: 25 Nov 2006 12:46:00
Message: <45688158$1@news.povray.org>
POVRay crashed when I tried to render a test scene and produced a dump
file. I need to know how to send it to you so it can be analyzed. I want
to help make POVRay better but the news server is preventing that.

Ian

Post a reply to this message

> [...]
>>  #end
>> }
>>
>> sphere {              // reflective sphere
>>   0.0, 1
>>   texture {
>>     pigment {
>>       color rgb <0.8,0.8,1.0>
>>     }
>>     finish{
>>       diffuse 0.3
>>       ambient 0.0
>>       specular 0.6
>>       reflection {
>>         0.8
>>         metallic
>>       }
>>       conserve_energy
>>     }
>>   }
>> }
>>

> The problem is with the following section.
>
> // *************************
> // *** OLD BRUSHED METAL ***
> // *************************
> // + microsurface normal
> #declare p_micro2=
> pigment{
>  crackle turbulence 1
>  color_map{
>   [0.00 White*.7]
>   [0.01 White*.7]
>   [0.02 White]
>   [1.00 White]
>  }
>  scale 5
> }
> #declare p_micro1=
> pigment{
>  cells
>  turbulence .5
>  color_map{
>   [0.0 White*.9]
>   [1.0 White]
>  }
>  scale .01
> }
> // + average all the normals
> #declare p_brushed_new=
> pigment{
>  average turbulence 0
>  pigment_map{
>   [0.0 p_micro1]
>   [0.1 p_micro1 rotate 45*x]
>   [0.2 p_micro1 rotate -45*x]
>   [0.3 p_micro2]
>   [0.4 p_micro1 rotate 45*y]
>   [0.5 p_micro1 rotate -45*y]
>   [0.6 p_micro1 rotate 90*z]
>   [0.7 p_micro2 rotate 45]
>   [0.8 p_micro1 rotate 45*z]
>   [0.9 p_micro1 rotate 90*y]
>   [1.0 p_micro1 rotate -45*z]
>  }
>  scale .1
> }
>
> // + declare the final normal as image_pattern
> #declare n_brushed_new=
> normal{pigment_pattern{p_brushed_new} .4}
> // + declare the final metal texture
> #declare t_metal=
> texture{
>  pigment{
> //  rgb ReflectiveSpectrum(RS_BoltMetal2)
> //  rgb ReflectiveSpectrum(RS_Nickel1)
> //  rgb ReflectiveSpectrum(RS_NickelBrass1)
>   rgb ReflectiveSpectrum(RS_NordicGold1)
> //  rgb ReflectiveSpectrum(RS_Iron)
> //  rgb ReflectiveSpectrum(RS_StainlessSteel1)
I've narrowed it down. The following line is the problem. It references

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 25 Nov 2006 14:18:33
Message: <45689709@news.povray.org>
BinaryCortex wrote:
> POVRay crashed when I tried to render a test scene and produced a dump
> file. I need to know how to send it to you so it can be analyzed. I want
> to help make POVRay better but the news server is preventing that.

Please read the bug reporting guidelines in the povray.announce.
frequently-asked-questions group. What is important is providing a minimal
scene, not some huge dump file unless it has *explicitly* been requested by
a developer *after* you provided a minimal scene. Further, please post
binary attachments to the binary group, not this group.

	Thorsten, POV-Team

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Cason
Date: 28 Nov 2006 08:37:14
Message: <456c3b8a@news.povray.org>
BinaryCortex wrote:
> POVRay crashed when I tried to render a test scene and produced a dump
> file. I need to know how to send it to you so it can be analyzed. I want
> to help make POVRay better but the news server is preventing that.

Dump files don't go here (apart from anything else they can contain
information from your computers memory). Please zip the file and provided it
is under 10mb send it with a test scene to min### [at] povrayorg.

-- Chris