POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Idea: Editor Feature Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:28:30 EDT (-0400)
  Idea: Editor Feature (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: Idea: Editor Feature
Date: 18 Nov 2006 05:24:20
Message: <455edf54@news.povray.org>
Please see here my idea for the POV-Ray internal scene editor.

Large scenes are not easy to oversee. A very useful feature would be, if the
editor could recognize "sections" inside a scene file, and lists them in a
combo box (drop-down menu).

Such a section could easily defined by the user:

// [Cameras]

or

// [ Modules]

or

// [Arrangements of the Modules]

You get the idea! The // ensures that the scene code never will distobed by
error messages. However the [] indicates to the editor to list that term as
a section position.

If the user selects such a section, the editor shows that position. Very
easy and simple to add to the editor. No scene changes required to prevent
errors.Just an easy upgrade, an add-on.

I know you all love my idea. Just say it. Just do it.

Oh! Oh! Just another great and useful idea: the editor also reads the
INCLUDES, and adds them, as well, to another combo box. That allows easiest
and fastest openening of those related files in the editor...

Best greetings,

Sven

Post a reply to this message