POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Buglist 22 Apr 2002 (RC2) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:27:13 EDT (-0400)
  Buglist 22 Apr 2002 (RC2) (Message 21 to 30 of 34)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Buglist 22 Apr 2002 (RC2)
Date: 23 Apr 2002 13:13:29
Message: <3cc59639@news.povray.org>

Skiba <abx### [at] babilonorg>  wrote:

>> Because there is change 1526...
>
> Then the name of 1526 fix should be fixed to "Final fix for radiosity
> recursion problems" in next RC then ;-)

No, because it did not fix the problem, it simply restored the old behavior.
The changes which caused the problems were made because some other part was
using much more stack space then really necessary.  The best solution was to
move some arrays that were allocated on the stack into arrays allocated in the
heap and to add a pool that prevents frequent (and thus time-consuming)
allocating/freeing.  The side effect of this is that more layers are now
supported in texture tests (which is noted in the same change).  So fixing one
bug (http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/21445/) adds a feature as well
:-)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany