POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : #while crash.. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:23:41 EDT (-0400)
  #while crash.. (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Peter Hertel
Subject: #while crash..
Date: 6 Jan 2002 09:51:27
Message: <3c38646f@news.povray.org>
hey!
crash with the following code:

#local Q = 0;
#while (Q<1)
sphere {0,0.1
pigment {rgb 1}
translate x*(-2^Q)
}
#local Q = Q+0.1;
#end

first time POV just quit with no msg, then windows came up with that program
error window.. (don't know its english name :)

PII 450mhz 256ram Win2000 (norwegian)

-Peter

Post a reply to this message

From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Subject: Re: #while crash..
Date: 6 Jan 2002 12:17:05
Message: <3c388691@news.povray.org>
Peter Hertel schrieb in Nachricht <3c38646f@news.povray.org>...
>hey!
>crash with the following code:
>
>#local Q = 0;
>#while (Q<1)
>sphere {0,0.1
>pigment {rgb 1}
>translate x*(-2^Q)
>}
>#local Q = Q+0.1;
>#end

Confirmed. It crashes (Pagefault) for Q=0. It doesn't crash if Q is set
slightly higher, It doesn't crash without the loop or without the sphere
(but without the pigment statement). It crashes with #local or #declare.

>first time POV just quit with no msg, then windows came up with that
program
>error window.. (don't know its english name :)

For me it crashes the first time, too, with that Windows-Pagefault-Message.

>PII 450mhz 256ram Win2000 (norwegian)

Marc-Hendrik
PII 450, 128 MB, Win98, Pov 3.5 beta 9

Post a reply to this message

>Confirmed. It crashes (Pagefault) for Q=0. It doesn't crash if Q is set
>slightly higher, It doesn't crash without the loop or without the sphere
>(but without the pigment statement). It crashes with #local or #declare.

In addition Pov crashes after parsing and reporting 11 frame level objects.
It says "Reallocinc Finite to 33".

Marc-Hendrik