POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : #while crash.. : Re: #while crash.. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:16:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #while crash..
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 6 Jan 2002 12:17:05
Message: <3c388691@news.povray.org>
Peter Hertel schrieb in Nachricht <3c38646f@news.povray.org>...
>hey!
>crash with the following code:
>
>#local Q = 0;
>#while (Q<1)
>sphere {0,0.1
>pigment {rgb 1}
>translate x*(-2^Q)
>}
>#local Q = Q+0.1;
>#end

Confirmed. It crashes (Pagefault) for Q=0. It doesn't crash if Q is set
slightly higher, It doesn't crash without the loop or without the sphere
(but without the pigment statement). It crashes with #local or #declare.

>first time POV just quit with no msg, then windows came up with that
program
>error window.. (don't know its english name :)

For me it crashes the first time, too, with that Windows-Pagefault-Message.

>PII 450mhz 256ram Win2000 (norwegian)

Marc-Hendrik
PII 450, 128 MB, Win98, Pov 3.5 beta 9