POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : file input - doc bug, i/o bug or tom bug? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  file input - doc bug, i/o bug or tom bug? (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Tom Melly
Subject: Re: file input - doc bug, i/o bug or tom bug?
Date: 10 Jan 2002 10:30:49
Message: <3c3db3a9$1@news.povray.org>
"Michael Andrews" <M.C### [at] readingacuk> wrote in message
news:3C3### [at] readingacuk...
> Hi Tom,
>
> Well, it seems to be doing exactly as it should, to me.

Well, it's counter my experience with other scripting langs, where separate
line-reads do not affect each other, but it is fine.

My only reason for raising this is:

a) is this what was intended?
b) if so, could the docs be clarified?

<snip>

> So IMHO this works as given in the documentation (ss6.2.3.3).

The trouble with the doc. is that it only gives a one-line example (with no
comma at the end of the line, since it is not required with a one-line file).

IMHO if the following was added to the descrip:

Note that data read by the #read directive must have comma delimiters between
values [ (even when a newlines separates the values, with each line processed by
a separate call to #read) ]

things would be a little clearer.

Post a reply to this message