POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Light_sources in light_groups don't cast shadows Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  Light_sources in light_groups don't cast shadows (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: JRG
Subject: Light_sources in light_groups don't cast shadows
Date: 22 Nov 2001 14:09:23
Message: <3bfd4d63@news.povray.org>
I read the docs many times, but couldn't find any reference to this
behaviour: light_sources inside a light_group do not cast shadows.

#declare Location = <0, 2, -4>;
#declare Look_at = <0, 0, 0>;

camera
{
  location  Location
  look_at   Look_at
}

#declare Thing=
text {ttf "arialbd.ttf" "TEXT" 1,0 pigment {rgb 1} translate -x-z/2}

light_group {

light_source
  rgb 1.5
}