POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Alpha output Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:25:18 EDT (-0400)
  Alpha output (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: John David Haiducek
Subject: Alpha output
Date: 2 Nov 2001 01:58:25
Message: <Pine.SOL.4.33.0111020142060.17887-100000@azure.engin.umich.edu>
Someone said that the output_alpha=on is supposed to render the scene so
the background color doesn't influence the scene. The following scene
looks much different if you set the background to, say, rgb<0,1,0>.
Apparently the background affects the color of reflected rays (although
experimentation by me seems to show that backgrond color does not affect
refracted rays or media samples, unless of course there's reflection on
the same ray.) I haven't tried radiosity with +ua yet.

btw, I'm working on a win2k machine, x86, 128MB RAM

John Haiducek

sphere{
  0,1
  pigment{rgbt <.8,.9,1,1>}