POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Known bugs 1 Nov 2001 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:16:11 EDT (-0400)
  Known bugs 1 Nov 2001 (Message 1 to 10 of 32)
From: Mike Williams
Subject: Known bugs 1 Nov 2001
Date: 1 Nov 2001 02:49:05
Message: <bEMROCAZnP47EwHl@econym.demon.co.uk>
Since nobody else wanted to take this on, and since I've got a bit of
leisure time, I'll have a bit of a go. There may well be things that
have fallen through the gap between when Rune stopped and I started
collecting the info.

The "unconfirmed" section at the end is there for my convenience. It's
easier for me to capture the information when I first see it rather than
waiting for a confirmation to be posted.

        KNOWN BUGS

Blob problem
(blob surface develops holes when "radius" is very small)
http://news.povray.org/3b99052c@news.povray.org

Blob : Toward a solution
(no bug description posted, just source code)
http://news.povray.org/3B991C90.D715B7A3@free.fr

Superellipsoid epsilon to big ?
(strange dark patches occur on a superellipsoid when the east-west-
exponent is set very small)
http://news.povray.org/3b992a81@news.povray.org

Additional (?) blob bug
(blob component disappears when radius is 317 or greater)
http://news.povray.org/Xns9115B92CF7D8ACQ@204.213.191.226
(also reported as: Blob rendering error (job000136))
http://news.povray.org/Xns91203DC7F3CCQ@204.213.191.226

hf_gray_16 + png creates wrong output image (job000173)
(global_settings {hf_gray_16} causes "Cannot open output file")
http://news.povray.org/3BA3BAE6.4671C0BB@free.fr

Small window title bug
(Title switches back to "POV-Ray for Windows" after minimize or
restore.)
http://news.povray.org/3ba92966$1@news.povray.org

Bug in texture_map (job000183)
(code gives a parse error: Blend_Map too long)
http://news.povray.org/3ba9f8e9$1@news.povray.org

Rendering animation (MS Windows) (job000178)
(Message that indicates the frame to be render is displayed AFTER the
rendering.)
http://news.povray.org/3BAC1D0C.74A4A503@free.fr

sin(X)^sin(X) -> crash! (job000179 and job000180)
http://news.povray.org/3baf7992@news.povray.org

Bug with parse_string
http://news.povray.org/9pk0rto8s07dnm320f5m503aqu43ak6g3p@4ax.com

Spline bug (job000182)
(The spline path is all wrong when certain time values are used.)
http://news.povray.org/3bb41dc8@news.povray.org

Strange spline problem (job000181)
(Changes from render to render. Control points are sometimes missing.)
http://news.povray.org/Xns9136AC2E64F60seed7@povray.org

Highlight bug (job000137)
(highlights are sometimes visible where they should be in shadow)
http://news.povray.org/3bb4cf08@news.povray.org

Macro bug (job000146)
(POV can dereference a deallocated pointer if you return a local from a
macro.)
http://news.povray.org/3BB4ED11.8EC69CEC@hotmail.com

Number of parameters in functions (job000174)
(?is this the same as "function re-declaration crash"?)
http://news.povray.org/kc3hqtkgj93f82rpkj6puvlj8f5cs7nk0q@4ax.com

Bug with intersection stack (with crash)(job000175)
http://news.povray.org/5f13rtc0v0rso4fk7lut5e0980qa9g756b@4ax.com

Sphere_sweep plus radiosity bug (job000176)
(Colored sphere_sweeps lead to bad radiosity.)
http://news.povray.org/3b9670b2@news.povray.org

rand.inc VRand_In_Sphere flaw
(VRand_In_Sphere doesn't give uniform distribution)
http://news.povray.org/3bc64790$1@news.povray.org

Radiosity sampling, with fix method (job000177)
(radiosity sample counter is reset to the start every time, sampling
artefacts are produced)
http://news.povray.org/3BC5A13E.9C022BD6@reading.ac.uk

Slow rendering when using +ua and antialiasing method 1
(**details only on povray.pre-beta)
http://news.povray.org/3bbf6347@news.povray.org

Delayed syntax checking
(declare without the "#" can cause a much later line to fail to parse)
http://news.povray.org/AM3LOAABMO27EwFh@econym.demon.co.uk

Isosurfaces *much* slower in beta 7?
(isosurfaces with "evaluate" are now very slow)
http://news.povray.org/3bdf24b3$1@news.povray.org

[bug] orthographic camera bug?
(objects sometimes disappear when the orthographic camera is used)
http://news.povray.org/3bdca5eb@news.povray.org

Status line bug
(status line keeps saying "Parsing..." instead of telling me what the
error was)
http://news.povray.org/3bde062f@news.povray.org

WinPov crash with too many max_gradient warnings
(previously reported as: "[Bug] Output of too many evaluations cause
strange behavior", but it didn't actually crash beta 4 or  beta 5)
http://news.povray.org/3BE026F0.B59858FA@gmx.de

        BUGS REPORTED FIXED IN BETA 7

Crash when stopping in the first line (job000162 and job000168)
http://news.povray.org/1103_1002737295@iq
(Also reported as: Radiosity crash when user stops render during
pretrace.)
http://news.povray.org/3bb4605d$1@news.povray.org
Fixed in beta 7

Stop during mosaic: crash
http://news.povray.org/Xns9126925CDC108seed7@povray.org
Fixed in beta 7.

Photon problems
http://news.povray.org/3bc4d0a9$1@news.povray.org
Fixed in beta 7

Isosurface - contained_by
http://news.povray.org/3bc6ffd9@news.povray.org
Fixed in beta 7

        BUGS REPORTED FIXED IN NEXT BETA

marble + turbulence bug
(marble turbulence now looks very different)
http://news.povray.org/Xns914AC563F6C36seed7@povray.org

function re-declaration crash
(Intel compilation only: previously reported as "loop bug" for beta 5)
http://news.povray.org/3bdfcdf7@news.povray.org
Possibly fixed in next beta

        UNCONFIRMED

[Win] Can't select region that includes bottom and right edges of render
window
http://news.povray.org/3bdf8bd9@news.povray.org

--
Mike Williams