POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Isosurfaces *much* slower in beta 7? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurfaces *much* slower in beta 7? (Message 1 to 10 of 29)
From: JRG
Subject: Isosurfaces *much* slower in beta 7?
Date: 30 Oct 2001 17:07:47
Message: <3bdf24b3$1@news.povray.org>
I'm working on a scene with a table made of iso-plankes (just like those in
the isowood include file). With the beta 7 these isos render MUCH slower:
beta 6: 1 m 45 s
beta 7: 8 m 22 s.
These planks are simple f_rounded_box displaced with a wood pigment.
Christoph, can you confirm?

POV-Ray 3.5 beta 7 Windows ME Athlon
(Intel compile)

--
Jonathan.

Post a reply to this message

> I'm working on a scene with a table made of iso-plankes (just like those in
> the isowood include file). With the beta 7 these isos render MUCH slower:
> beta 6: 1 m 45 s
> beta 7: 8 m 22 s.
> These planks are simple f_rounded_box displaced with a wood pigment.

Providing a scene might be useful....

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message