POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : windows beta 7 available Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:15:58 EDT (-0400)
  windows beta 7 available (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Chris Cason
Subject: windows beta 7 available
Date: 29 Oct 2001 17:32:47
Message: <3bddd90f@news.povray.org>
Windows beta 7 is now available at http://www.povray.org/binaries/windows/beta.html.

As usual, the list of fixes is included in the install and is also viewable via
http://www.povray.org/binaries/windows/changes.txt.

This time, we have also made available, as a separate download, a VC++ compile of
the same code as is in the default install above. The purpose of this is twofold:

  1) If you find a bug in the intel compile (the default install), it is recommended
     that you see if the same thing happens with the VC++ compile. This will help us
     identify whether or not the problem is compiler-related.

  2) It allows you to better determine in what ways the intel compile is faster (or
     slower) than the VC++ compile.

NT/2K/XP users may want to note that the program will now print the used kernel and
user-mode CPU time at the end of each render. This is a more accurate way to determine
benchmark figures than measuring elapsed time.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message