POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Known bugs list - work in progress Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:33:47 EDT (-0400)
  Known bugs list - work in progress (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Rune
Subject: Known bugs list - work in progress
Date: 27 Sep 2001 16:03:46
Message: <3bb38622@news.povray.org>
Here is a list of known bugs in the latest beta version. There are likely
many errors in it as it is now, but I'll do my best to correct those.

If you are aware of *confirmed* bugs that are not in the list, please post
in a reply to this message a link (in http:// format) to the relevant
message.

If you know that some of the bugs in the list have already been fixed,
please tell me.

To POV-Team members: Is the formatting of the list sufficient?

18077  Blob problem
http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/18087/

18089  Blob : Toward a solution
http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/18089/

18094  Superellipsoid: epsilon to big ?
http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/18094/

18102  SOR bug
http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/18102/

18105  Additional (?) blob bug
http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/18105/

18305  Photon bug
(Photons disappear from a light source if a second light source is defined
after the first.)
http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/18305/

18391  hf_gray_16 + png creates wrong output image
http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/18391/

18456  Blob rendering error
http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/18456/

18499  Omnimax, fisheye lenses wrong with certain pretrace
(Shift in the projection masks of these two camera types when pretrace_start
goes above a certain value.)
http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/18499/

18522  Small window title bug
(Title switches back to "POV-Ray for Windows" after minimize or restore. )
http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/18522/

18529  16-bit PGM pigment and height field problems
http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/18529/

18565  Radiosity with recursion > 1
(With recursion_limit > 1 clear axis aligned bands appear on the surfaces.)
http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/18565/

18577  Rendering animation (MS Windows)
(Message that indicates the frame to be render is displayed AFTER the
rendering.)
http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/18577/

18638  Stop during mosaic: crash
http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/18638/

18650  sin(X)^sin(X) -> crash!
http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/18650/

18651  uv_mapping & lathe
http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/18651/

18672  Bug with parse_string
http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/18672/

18687  Projected_through not translated together with light_source
http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/18687/

18699  Functions: '&' and '|' are switched
http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/18699/

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)

I think this one was answered by Nathan, it wasn't a bug, just a precision
error.

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

> I think this one was answered by Nathan,
> it wasn't a bug, just a precision error.

Thanks, I've removed it from the list.

Rune

Post a reply to this message

"Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote...
> 18102  SOR bug
> http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/18102/

Not a bug.  This is an SOR limitation.

> 18305  Photon bug
> (Photons disappear from a light source if a second light source is defined
> after the first.)
> http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/18305/

Fixed for next beta.

> 18499  Omnimax, fisheye lenses wrong with certain pretrace
> (Shift in the projection masks of these two camera types when
pretrace_start
> goes above a certain value.)
> http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/18499/

Fixed for next beta.

> 18565  Radiosity with recursion > 1
> (With recursion_limit > 1 clear axis aligned bands appear on the
surfaces.)
> http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/18565/

This one looks difficult to fix.  :-(

> 18651  uv_mapping & lathe