POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Small superellipsoid values = holes Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:27:10 EDT (-0400)
  Small superellipsoid values = holes (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Alan Holding
Subject: Small superellipsoid values = holes
Date: 25 Sep 2001 06:58:40
Message: <3bb06360@news.povray.org>
POV-Ray for Windows v3.5b4, Windows ME, AMD Athlon 1.33Ghz DDR, 256MB DDR.

The superellipsoid in the scene below has holes in it.  Values above 0.1
in the north-south exponent seem to remove the holes; the east-west exponent
doesn't seem to be affected.  I've posted a pic in p.b-t.b.

***START

global_settings {assumed_gamma 1.8}
background {rgb <200,210,255>/255}
plane {y 0 pigment {rgb 0.75} hollow on}

camera {
  location <10,16,-15>
  right x*image_width up y*image_height
  angle 30
  look_at <0.4,1.75,0>
  perspective
}

light_source {<0,500,-500> rgb 1.5}
light_source {<500,100,0> rgb 0.25 shadowless}

#local obj=superellipsoid {
  <1,0.01>
  texture {
    pigment {rgb <1,0.1,0.1>}
    finish {ambient 0.1 diffuse 0.8 phong 1 specular 0.8}
  }
}

object {obj rotate <90,0,0> scale <1,2,1> translate <-2,2,0>}
object {obj scale <1,1,2> translate <2,1,-1>}

***END

Post a reply to this message