POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Problem changing the editor font Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:24:50 EDT (-0400)
  Problem changing the editor font (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Glen Berry
Subject: Problem changing the editor font
Date: 14 Sep 2001 18:23:31
Message: <qH6iOxAeM8yhX42f7CtryBergZh+@4ax.com>
First, my system's vital statistics:

POV-Ray for Windows v3.5 beta 2
Windows 95,  OSR2
Intel Pentium 133
256 Megs SDRAM
IE 5 installed
HTML Help 1.32 installed

The problem I'm having begain when I tried to change POV's internal
editor font. The first time I opened the "Font" dialog box, I saw a
list of several fonts on the left, and a list of several font sizes on
the right. Toward the bottom of this dialog box, was the "Script"
drop-down menu, which was completely blank, and there were no other
options listed in this box. At first, I was able to change the font
and select the desired font size. The editor window changed in proper
response to whatever font I had selected.

While experimenting with a few different font and size combinations,
to pick my favorite, everything changed somehow. I didn't do anything
unusual to cause this, but somehow the "Font" dialog box has changed.
Instead of having a selection of fonts in the left column, I have only
one now - "Terminal".  Instead of having several sizes to select from,
I have only size "9" to choose from, as displayed in the menu.
Furthermore, the "Script" setting at the bottom of the dialog box is
no longer empty. It currently says "OEM/DOS", and I can't change it to
anything else.

The main result of all this, is that I can no longer change the font
used by the editor. The current setting of "Terminal, size 9" is too
small for my taste and a bit hard on my eyes.

I'll be posting a copy of my "Font" dialog box on
povray.beta-test-binaries,  for everyone's reference.

Thank you,
Glen

Post a reply to this message