POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Problem changing the editor font : Re: Problem changing the editor font Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:31:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem changing the editor font
From: Glen Berry
Date: 15 Sep 2001 12:27:48
Message: <En2jO9Xqwg4bD1nbvyU4vh8FDdvK@4ax.com>
On Sat, 15 Sep 2001 23:21:34 +1000, "Chris Cason"
<newsadmin@-despam-povray.org> wrote:

>Can you take a screen-shot of the dialog box you get when you double-
>click on the registry key -
>
>  HKCU\Software\POV-Ray\v3.5\POV-Edit\Font
>
>You may also like to show FontStyles as well.

Okay, you will find screenshots in the beta-test binaries group.

>Once you've done that, try deleting one (make sure POV isn't running)
>and see if it fixes things. If not, try deleting the other.

What I did was to delete the values stored in both these keys. (I know
that isn't actually what you said to do. I'm sorry about that.) I then
started POV and everything was back to "normal" again. I saw a variety
of fonts listed when I tried to change the editor font, and I was
actually able to change editor fonts and sizes.

However, there is still a problem (or perhaps more than one), because
I found that I can recreate my earlier problem of disappearing fonts.

It seems that after I make "Terminal" my editor font, I can no longer
access any other fonts in the future. "Terminal" is aptly named. It is
the last font you will ever select.   :)

I'll post more info later, if I run across any other odd behaviour
with the editor font selection.

Thanks,
Glen