POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Radiosity Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:26:57 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Ruy
Subject: Radiosity
Date: 5 Sep 2001 21:44:29
Message: <3b96d4fd@news.povray.org>
First of all, thanks for a great program. 'Been using it since 2.2, and it
still amazes me how you guys always manage to do an even more amazing job at
each newer version.

Now for the problem: Pentium III, 1GHz, 256MB SDRAM, Windows 2000.

The good news is that the simple scene below does not get me a blank screen,
as it happened with MegaPOV.

Still, since the difference of boxes is suppoesed to get me thick walls, I
can see the "inside" of the wall (it's thickness). Also (and here I don't
know if it works correctly or if this is a bug), the "dark" part of the
inside is the inverse color of the light source, i.e.: if the light is
white, the dark part is black; if the light is red, the dark part is cyan;
if the light is green, the dark part is magenta; and if the light is blue,
the dark part is yellow. Here, again, all I get is a bunch of blank screens
with MegaPOV.

Here is the scene. The camera is inside a thick box with a window on the
left wall which allows an outside light source to shed some rays inside:

/*------------------ Radiosity Test -----------------------*/
global_settings { radiosity {} }

background { 1 }

light_source { <-10, 10, -10> color 1 }

camera
{
        location <0, 2, -3.99>
        look_at <0, 0, 0>
        angle 120
}

difference
{
        difference
        {
                box { <-2.2, -0.2, -4.2>, <2.2, 4.2, 4.2> }
                box { <-2.0,  0.0, -4.0>, <2.0, 4.0, 4.2> }
        }
        box { <-2.3, 2, 2> <-1.9, 3, 3> } /* Window */
        pigment { color 1 }
}

Post a reply to this message