POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Create_Ini bug Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:19:33 EDT (-0400)
  Create_Ini bug (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: Create_Ini bug
Date: 9 Mar 2002 16:51:07
Message: <3C8A857D.A4347B2@topsurf.com>
I have the Create_ini option set to create an INI.  After getting some
undesired images, I noticed that POV-Ray was writing the new .INI file
with values different from what was supplied by the INI used to run
POV.

Final_Frame and Initial_Frame exhibit this problem.  Additionally,
the new INI file has no entries for any Declare options in the previous
incarnation of the INI.

I'm running Win95, AMD K6-2/300MHz, 96Megs RAM.
--
ICQ: 46085459

Post a reply to this message

In article <3C8### [at] topsurfcom> , John VanSickle
<van### [at] topsurfcom>  wrote:

> I have the Create_ini option set to create an INI.  After getting some
> undesired images, I noticed that POV-Ray was writing the new .INI file
> with values different from what was supplied by the INI used to run
> POV.
>
> Final_Frame and Initial_Frame exhibit this problem.

Explain "values different from what was supplied", please.  It can mean
anything.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

> In article <3C8### [at] topsurfcom> , John VanSickle
> <van### [at] topsurfcom>  wrote:
>
> > I have the Create_ini option set to create an INI.  After getting
> > some undesired images, I noticed that POV-Ray was writing the new
> > .INI file with values different from what was supplied by the INI
> > used to run POV.
> >
> > Final_Frame and Initial_Frame exhibit this problem.
>
> Explain "values different from what was supplied", please.  It can
> mean anything.

The original file has Inital_Frame=0 and the replacement INI file has
Initial_Frame=1.

Also, when the original .INI has Final_Frame=-1, the replacement keeps
getting written with Final_Frame=1.

Regards,
John
--