POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Create_Ini bug : Re: Create_Ini bug Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Create_Ini bug
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 10 Mar 2002 11:02:11
Message: <3c8b8383@news.povray.org>
In article <3c8b7a24$1@news.povray.org> , "Anders K." <and### [at] prostard2gcom>
wrote:

> This seems like a very arbitrary limitation.

If you take a sequence of pictures, do the call the initial picture in the
sequence the 0th or the 1st picture?

> Being someone who likes
> zero-based counting, I use Initial_Frame=0 very often, and it has always
> worked for me. Are you saying that it isn't going to work in the future?

It hasn't been possible in any 3.5 beta and now after five month and several
thousand downloads of each of the betas the first person notices - so it is
correct to conclude that this must be the most important undocumented behavior
in 3.0 and 3.1!?

Not to mention that it was never documented and the documentation strongly
recommends to leave Initial_Frame at one...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde