POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Landscape.pov scene Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:26:33 EDT (-0400)
  Landscape.pov scene (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: JRG
Subject: Landscape.pov scene
Date: 21 Dec 2001 18:38:04
Message: <3c23c7dc$1@news.povray.org>
It doesn't look like a landscape at all now, no matter whether you're using
iso of hf.
The hf version seems to be flipped along the y.

--
Jonathan.

Home: http://digilander.iol.it/jrgpov

Post a reply to this message

From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: Landscape.pov scene
Date: 22 Dec 2001 03:21:42
Message: <3C244296.FC0FA8C1@gmx.de>
JRG wrote:

> It doesn't look like a landscape at all now, no matter whether you're using
> iso of hf.
> The hf version seems to be flipped along the y.

I can confirm there is something strongly going wrong, since the scene
file has not changed there must be some difference in POVRay that causes
this.

It seems to have something to do with the pattern, try 'Viewpoint=2' and
you will see the orientation of the heightfield is correct but the
structure of the pattern looks different now.

I don't have time to investigate more detailed right now.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>

>It doesn't look like a landscape at all now, no matter whether you're using
>iso of hf.
>The hf version seems to be flipped along the y.

And all the trees are under the ground, so you can't see them.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure

Post a reply to this message