POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Landscape.pov scene : Re: Landscape.pov scene Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Landscape.pov scene
From: bob h
Date: 22 Dec 2001 15:09:00
Message: <3c24e85c@news.povray.org>
I moved the camera forward a bit by removing the negative sign from 0.55
(the y value) and also using noise_generator 2 in global_settings.  That
give a nice landscape scene again, unfortunately I couldn't remember what
this scene looked like before and I didn't have the original image.  It does
look familiar still anyway.
Looking through the Revision.txt file I don't see anything that would
explain the change, unless it goes all the way back to this:

Change 1230 by nkopp@impulse on 2001/10/28 15:41:37

  fix some noise generator issues.
  Some textures were tweaked to work with the old (broken) noise
  generator, so they had to be adjusted so that they work in a
  similar way with all three noise generators.

Or I just don't recognize what it would be, overlooked it, whatever.

P.S.  There's been plenty of great fixes and changes, so I must say thanks
for all that effort POV-Team!
--
text{ttf"timrom""bob h"0,0pigment{rgb 7}translate 7*z}