POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Re: Crash when using function & pigment Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:20:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crash when using function & pigment (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Mike Williams
Subject: Re: Crash when using function & pigment
Date: 5 Dec 2001 02:48:38
Message: <$2O4iCA$DdD8Ewki@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it David Fontaine who wrote:
>I looked back a ways and found "Unconfirmed Bugs 2 Dec 2001" but did not
>see this bug.  I know there have been some problems with functions, and
>working on my latest scene I got something that crashes both compiles,
>hopefully it can help.
>
>Windows 98 SE
>Athlon 1.4GHz
>512Mb DDR
>
>If you change Fade from a function to a texture, comment out the
>"#declare Foo = " block, and change the texture of the sphere from Foo
>to Fade, it doesn't crash.  Having the camera and light statements does
>not affect the crashing, and Foo must actually be used on an object to
>crash the render.

This is the same as the known bug

problem with normals/functions: crash!
(if an isosurface is the first function parsed, then things go horribly
wrong)
http://news.povray.org/MPG.16724448f4beb4ad9896c3@news.povray.org

Workround: add "#declare fred=function{0}" at the top of your scene
file.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 5 Dec 2001 05:01:24
Message: <3c0df074$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3C0DAF1C.16535D12@faricy.net> , David Fontaine
<dav### [at] faricynet>  wrote:

--------------385658AA47199FE361B553A9

--------------385658AA47199FE361B553A9

--------------385658AA47199FE361B553A9--

You should really know this isn't a group for attachments.  As for your
message, see Mike's response.

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

> You should really know this isn't a group for attachments.  As for your
> message, see Mike's response.

I was going to put it in the message but then decided to attach it...

> (if an isosurface is the first function parsed, then things go horribly
> wrong)

The workaround works, but there is no isosurface in my scene, netiher
was there in the post you referenced...