POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : file name bug? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:25:17 EDT (-0400)
  file name bug? (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Bonsai
Subject: file name bug?
Date: 30 Nov 2001 02:09:02
Message: <3c07308e$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I don't know if this was already reported nor if it is a know limitation of
POV-Ray...

POV-Ray doesn't like file names with German umlauts. I named a file

---<BEGIN OUTPUT>---

Scene File Parser Initialization Error: Cannot open input file.

Returned from renderer with error status

CPU time used: kernel 0.10 seconds, user 0.03 seconds, total 0.13 seconds

Preset INI file is 'C:\PROGRAMME\POV-RAY FOR WINDOWS
V3.5\RENDERER\QUICKRES.INI', section is '[640x480, No AA]'.
Preset source file is 'D:\temp\povray\gewlbe.pov'.
Persistence of Vision(tm) Ray Tracer Version 3.5.beta.7 win32 (.icl)
  This is a time-limited beta test version.  No re-distribution
   of any sort is permitted.

Copyright 1991-2001 POV-Ray Team(tm)
This Windows version by Christopher J. Cason
Parsing Options
  Input file: D:\temp\povray\gew (compatible to version 3.5)
  Remove bounds........On  Split unions........Off
  Library paths: C:\Programme\POV-Ray for Windows v3.5\INCLUDE
    C:\WINNT\Fonts
Output Options
  Image resolution 640 by 480 (rows 1 to 480, columns 1 to 640).
  Output file: gew.bmp, 24 bpp (system format)
  Graphic display......On  (type: 0, palette: 3, gamma:  2.2)
  Mosaic preview......Off
  CPU usage histogram.Off
  Continued trace.....Off  Allow interruption..Off  Pause when done.....Off
  Verbose messages.....On
Tracing Options
  Quality:  9
  Bounding boxes.......On  Bounding threshold: 3
  Light Buffer.........On  Vista Buffer.........On  Draw Vista Buffer...Off
  Antialiasing........Off
Animation Options
  Clock value....   0.000  (Animation off)
Redirecting Options
  All Streams to console.........Off
  Debug Stream to console.........On
  Fatal Stream to console.........On
  Render Stream to console........On
  Statistics Stream to console....On
  Warning Stream to console.......On
Possible Scene File Parser Initialization Error: Could not find file
'D:\temp\povray\gew.pov'
Scene File Parser Initialization Error: Cannot open input file.

Returned from renderer with error status

CPU time used: kernel 0.13 seconds, user 0.01 seconds, total 0.14 seconds

---<END OUTPUT>---

POV-Ray 3.1g has the same behaviour...

If this was reported once, please ignore this bug report....

So long,

Bonsai

Post a reply to this message

Pentium III 450 MHz, 384 MB RAM, Windows NT 4 Service pack 5

and

Athlon 1 GHz, 384 MB RAM, Windows 98 SE

Post a reply to this message