POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : file name bug? : Re: file name bug? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: file name bug?
From: Adrien Beau
Date: 30 Nov 2001 07:39:10
Message: <3C077E0B.20697254@free.fr>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> Adrien Beau wrote:
> >
> > I don't agree, I use accented letters a lot in my
> > filenames under Windows, which tend to be on the
> > verbose side.
>
> I suppose this will change as soon as you try to use these files from a
> non-Windows machine...

Well... no. I use these files from Linux, and after
spending some times finding the right mount options,
I'm rather happy with the support Linux offers for
it.

Note that I don't create accented filenames under
Linux, but am happy to use those created under Windows
(mostly mp3s).

Please understand that I'm not saying that accented
filenames are they Right way to go, but I happen to
use them in specific situations, and guess a lot of
people do so.

--
Adrien Beau   adr### [at] freefr   http://adrien.beau.free.fr/