POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : RC4 quick summary of my reports Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  RC4 quick summary of my reports (Message 21 to 23 of 23)
Subject: Re: RC4 quick summary of my reports
Date: 21 May 2002 12:30:03
Message: <94tkeu09ab6dtli7jmse4dt95hcaat32v9@4ax.com>
On Tue, 21 May 2002 18:14:04 +0200, "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde>
wrote:
> > Works fine here for nearly every render. But crashes after a few cycles
> > Render/Stop/Render/.../Render/Stop without finishing rendering.
>
> But then it can be a million things and doesn't even have to do anything with
> macros.  If it can't be reproduced, I am afraid it won't get fixed ... of
> course, what would really help is an always crashing example.

Unfortunatelly it is only example I have :-(

> > What is wrong in example I posted in
> > pckkduod909g1736lrlm75pakanfm5rs3u@4ax.com ?
>
> Nothing except thata I didn't remember this particular example.  I think I
> have found that problem now and assume it was the only one left from your list
> of spline problems?

Great!

> > Previously was explained it won't be fixed "unless someone comes up with code
> > to determine the bounding box of a Catmull-Rom spline segment". What is wrong
> > with code I posted in ftb1euon0h27vscfcjmfjd1cuqlbmvrluh@4ax.com ?
>
> Essentially, my ikdea of some providing code was "fully tested" code

I see, so I will test this when sources will be released. I hope with small
effort it will be possible to compile 3.5 with djgpp or free borland release.

> Anyway, it is probably too late now.

Sounds promising :-)

ABX

Post a reply to this message