POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : RC4 quick summary of my reports : Re: RC4 quick summary of my reports Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:25:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RC4 quick summary of my reports
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 22 May 2002 08:52:54
Message: <3ceb94a6@news.povray.org>
In article <3ceb84d3@news.povray.org> , Felix Wiemann <Fel### [at] gmxnet>
wrote:

> Can ABX's code be included after the final release of 3.5?

I am sure that a few month after the initial 3.5 release there will be some
kind of bugfix release to include all the known bugs for which we get fixes
for from users and for the newly discovered bugs that we fix ourselves.

Also, as new compilers become available, we will of course keep POV-Ray
up-to-date as far as those are concerned in order to get the best performance
available.

Note however that we won't promise that the source code will be available on
day one of the official release for all platforms.  Only after the release
there will be time to make sure it can easily be compiled and the files are
complete and so on...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg