POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Stylesheet Modifications Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:26:57 EDT (-0400)
  Stylesheet Modifications (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Adrien Beau
Subject: Stylesheet Modifications
Date: 5 Sep 2001 08:23:29
Message: <3B961936.2BA2ADF4@sycomore.fr>
The HTML Help looks really good!

I looked at the funny ability to change the look of the help
files through the use of a custom povray35.css file.
I think it is a major annoyance to force people to install
povray35.css in such a hard-coded location as C:\.

There's probably no easy workaround, since .chm files are a
Microsoft product. I hope it can be fixed someday or much
better, that stand-alone HTML doc pages will be made available.

--
Adrien Beau - adr### [at] freefr - http://adrien.beau.free.fr
 Mes propos n'engagent que moi et en aucun cas mes employeurs

Post a reply to this message

> I think it is a major annoyance to force people to install
> povray35.css in such a hard-coded location as C:\.

Unfortunately there is no work-around that I know of. I tried and
failed to use relative locations for style-sheets; I have to code
the HTML to know the location in advance, and the only location I
can be 100% sure exists is the root of the install drive ...

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

> > I think it is a major annoyance to force people to install
> > povray35.css in such a hard-coded location as C:\.
>
> Unfortunately there is no work-around that I know of. I tried and
> failed to use relative locations for style-sheets; I have to code
> the HTML to know the location in advance, and the only location I
> can be 100% sure exists is the root of the install drive ...
>
> -- Chris

Is this going to cause problems on Japanese systems where all the PC98
computers use A: for their main hard drive?

--
Wind the Frog!

Post a reply to this message

"Jon A. Cruz" <jon### [at] geocitiescom> wrote:

>Is this going to cause problems on Japanese systems where all the PC98
>computers use A: for their main hard drive?

no, because I don't hard-code the drive letter.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

"Chris Cason" <cas### [at] netplexaussieorg> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> "Jon A. Cruz" <jon### [at] geocitiescom> wrote:
>
> >Is this going to cause problems on Japanese systems where all the PC98
> >computers use A: for their main hard drive?
>
> no, because I don't hard-code the drive letter.

if you don't specify any path ?
--
Jan Walzer <jan### [at] lzernet>

Post a reply to this message