POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Are POV-Ray for Windows 3.5 Beta "Help-Files" online somewhere? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:33:27 EDT (-0400)
  Are POV-Ray for Windows 3.5 Beta "Help-Files" online somewhere? (Message 21 to 24 of 24)
From: Chris Cason
Subject: Re: Are POV-Ray for Windows 3.5 Beta "Help-Files" online somewhere?
Date: 13 Oct 2001 06:08:42
Message: <3bc812aa@news.povray.org>
> What's worse, the POV-Team has seen to it that I can't run the latest
> version of POV-Ray without also installing a certain buggy, high
> security risk, grossly bloated, 64 Meg (when still compressed),
> "web-browser"  package.

Rubbish. Firstly, there's nothing stopping you running POV without using
HTML Help. You just can't use the built-in docs.

Secondly, the 'latest version' of POV-Ray is 3.1g. If you don't like the
way we've released the beta, you are welcome to a full refund. You know
where to go to get it.

-- Chris

PS WRT your comments about WinHelp still being a valid alternative, you
are completely wrong. You have no idea about help authoring or the hassle
that WinHelp is to work with, plus all the major limitations and huge bugs
that are still in it, even after more than ten years.

Post a reply to this message