POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Are POV-Ray for Windows 3.5 Beta "Help-Files" online somewhere? : Re: Are POV-Ray for Windows 3.5 Beta "Help-Files" onlinesomewhere? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:33:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Are POV-Ray for Windows 3.5 Beta "Help-Files" onlinesomewhere?
From: Chris Cason
Date: 13 Oct 2001 06:08:45
Message: <3bc812ad@news.povray.org>
> someone doesn't like a certain aspect of POV, these comments always
> surface. I've always considered them to be petty, and in poor taste.

No, 'poor taste' is a user whining about a beta of a free software
program that the developers spend thousands of hours making not having
a help format that HE personally prefers, especially in light of the
fact that most users seem to think that the HTML Help version of the
docs is a significant improvement on the WinHelp version of 3.1g.

> I *WANT* to use POV-Ray for Windows version 3.5 (or higher).

No-one is stopping you. Just use the online docs.

> I've been led to believe that this will only be "generic" POV-Ray help

By who ?

-- Chris