POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Technical verification build "v3.8.0-beta.666" : Technical verification build "v3.8.0-beta.667" Server Time
26 Jul 2024 19:59:28 EDT (-0400)
  Technical verification build "v3.8.0-beta.667"
From: clipka
Date: 19 Jun 2021 04:57:55
Message: <60cdb193$1@news.povray.org>
Am 18.06.2021 um 20:43 schrieb clipka:

> If you're feeling particularly bold and daring, feel free to test-drive
> this INSTALLER for us:
>
> https://github.com/c-lipka/povray/releases/tag/v3.8.0-pre-beta.666
>
> The software therein will identify as "v3.8.0-beta.666", but it got that
> label only for technical reasons, and is really more like a pre-beta,
> and as a matter of fact, we don't care much how that version fares per
> se: What we're really interested in is the installer.

Well, turns out the binaries will not identify as anything - nor
actually _do_ anything at all, for not really well-explained reasons.
Which is a bit disappointing on a couple of levels.

The binaries in the following installer should be a bit better-behaved,
obediently identifying as "v3.8.0-beta.667" - otherwise same deal:

https://github.com/c-lipka/povray/releases/tag/v3.8.0-pre-beta.667

> Have Fun Testing!
> Christoph

Ditto.