POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Scripts for Controlling a Render Farm Server Time
28 Mar 2024 19:33:58 EDT (-0400)
  Scripts for Controlling a Render Farm (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Steve Anger
Subject: Scripts for Controlling a Render Farm
Date: 30 Jan 2020 09:50:01
Message: <web.5e32ec85d288f9963774b87b0@news.povray.org>
I'm just getting ready to write up some scripts to automatically distribute an
animation job between a number of Windows computers (probably Azure VM's).
Before I get too far I thought I'd check if someone else has set something like
this up already.

Up to now I've been manually creating a separate .INI file for each machine and
assigning it a portion of the job based on the machine's speed. This gets a bit
tedious after a while and makes it difficult to add and remove computers on the
fly.

Post a reply to this message