POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Calling an Image Map with an array identifier that stores the image file na= Server Time
19 Apr 2024 09:00:35 EDT (-0400)
  Calling an Image Map with an array identifier that stores the image file na= (Message 5 to 14 of 24)
<<< Previous 4 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Kenneth
Subject: Re: Calling an Image Map with an array identifier that stores the image fil=
Date: 2 Dec 2018 11:30:05
Message: <web.5c0407cb7eef703ecd98345b0@news.povray.org>
(in Windows)
I had done this kind of thing years ago, but lost the code; so I came up with
something very similar to Stephen's idea.

My particular video app outputs the .png frame sequence like this...
my_image0001
my_image0002
my_image0003
--etc.--

These are placed in a folder location that I added to POV-Ray's 'master
POVRAY.INI' file-- i.e., Library_Path= ... So I didn't need to add a C: ...
library path to the concat(...) string, as Stephen did. POV-Ray will
automatically locate the images.

#declare AA = array[20]; // for 20 images
#for(i,0,19) // because arrays start with 'location' zero
#declare AA[i] = concat("my_image",str(i+1,-4,0),".png");
#end

then...
box{0, <1,1,0> // a box can be made zero-thickness
pigment{image_map{png AA[frame_number - 1] once interpolate 2}}
finish{ambient 1 emission 0 diffuse 0}
scale <...whatever...>
     }

However, I don't see the need for the array (unless you have a specific reason
to use one.) During your 'new' animation render, the array will be filled with
all 20 images during each animation frame, which isn't very efficient. I would
instead use Stephen's approach, calling each .png image as needed, with no
array. My own particular set-up would be...

box{0, <1,1,0>
pigment{
image_map{png concat("my_image",str(frame_number,-4,0),".png")
once interpolate 2
         }
       }
     finish{ambient 1 emission 0 diffuse 0}