POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Calling an Image Map with an array identifier that stores the image file na= : Re: Calling an Image Map with an array identifier that stores the image fil= Server Time
19 Apr 2024 13:35:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calling an Image Map with an array identifier that stores the image fil=
From: Stephen
Date: 2 Dec 2018 12:44:08
Message: <5c0419e8$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/12/2018 16:26, Kenneth wrote:
> I would
> instead use Stephen's approach, calling each .png image as needed, with no
> array.

I did this sort of thing regularly but with animated meshes made in Poser.
Several winters ago. Tim Cook IIRC, made a TV where the image files were
stored in a df3. The frames were selected by intersecting the df3 with a
thin box. The result was monochromatic. But if you used jr's tga2df3 to
create the df3 (actually 3 df3s one for each RGB channel.). Then you can
have the image in colour, if you use 3 media in the material. *Not* that
I am suggesting Phil uses that method. That would just be showing off. ;)

My own particular set-up would be...

> box{0, <1,1,0>
> pigment{
> image_map{png concat("my_image",str(frame_number,-4,0),".png")

I'll just point out, again. That the BITMAP_TYPE should not be included
in the concat function. When I tried that earlier, Pov threw a wobbly
and complained that the first letter of the file path was an undeclared
variable "C". Also #debug would not output the result of:
image_map{concat("png  ","my_image",str(frame_number,-4,0),".png")
That made me feel that I was losing my marbles for a while.

--

Regards
     Stephen