POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : <no subject> Server Time
28 Mar 2024 19:12:21 EDT (-0400)
  <no subject> (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Zachary1234
Subject: <no subject>
Date: 8 May 2017 08:10:01
Message: <web.59105ff5c23a6d96ad0770d0@news.povray.org>
-Does POV-Ray support animation rendering?

-Does POV-Ray support keyframe, timeline (interpolation) animation rendering
from Blender 3D models?

-Does POV-Ray include equivalent support for Marked Freestyle Line Edges in
Blender 3D?

-If POV-Ray does support those previous from Blender3D, does it support command
line, background animation rendering?

-Given that I can use plugin support to export my animation to different formats
from Blender 3D, what would be the ideal file format for my keyframe, 3D
animation model?

-Can I be given an example of "command line animation rendering via file"
command prompt entry?

Post a reply to this message

> -Does POV-Ray support animation rendering?

Yes.

> -Does POV-Ray support keyframe, timeline (interpolation) animation rendering
> from Blender 3D models?

No PovRay is a renderer and the windows version comes with a text
editor. That is it. You have to do the hard work yourself. Or use the
PovRay exporter that comes with Blender.

> -Does POV-Ray include equivalent support for Marked Freestyle Line Edges in
> Blender 3D?

No, PovRay uses mathematical primitives. It can handle meshes and
heightfields But not like Blender.

> -If POV-Ray does support those previous from Blender3D, does it support command
> line, background animation rendering?

I can say yes to that. :)

> -Given that I can use plugin support to export my animation to different formats
> from Blender 3D, what would be the ideal file format for my keyframe, 3D
> animation model?

To use PovRay. You need to export and render each frame separately. You
can use Blender to do this.

  scene

> -Can I be given an example of "command line animation rendering via file"
> command prompt entry?

I don't do that thing, myself. So I can't help there.
There should be examples in the Help and Tutorial files.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: William F Pokorny
Date: 8 May 2017 12:05:20
Message: <59109740$1@news.povray.org>
On 05/08/2017 08:09 AM, Zachary1234 wrote:

> -Can I be given an example of "command line animation rendering via file"
> command prompt entry?

A set of demo animations is shipped with POV-Ray and can be found in the
directory <install_location>/scenes/animations. You can find the current
master development versions on line at:

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/tree/master/distribution/scenes/animations

If you were in a local directory with copies of the splinefollow
directory files you could render the animation frames with the commands:

povray splinefollow.pov +kf0.1666 +kff20 +kc declare=fp=0

or

povray splinefollow.ini

Bill P.