POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : New random distribution macros Server Time
3 May 2024 19:45:20 EDT (-0400)
  New random distribution macros (Message 16 to 17 of 17)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: New random distribution macros
Date: 2 Sep 2023 20:45:00
Message: <web.64f3d6e9296d8a3b1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
It's kind of scary when so many seemingly disparate topics that I've dipped my
toes into all get brought together into one pretty cool video.

Enjoy:

"The BEST Way to Find a Random Point in a Circle"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y_nmpv-9lI

Post a reply to this message

> It's kind of scary when so many seemingly disparate topics that I've dipped my
> toes into all get brought together into one pretty cool video.
>
> Enjoy:
>
> "The BEST Way to Find a Random Point in a Circle"
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y_nmpv-9lI

This is really a great find !!!!

The result is truly stunning.

For a small number of points, the difference is not obvious. Above about
200 points, there's a really big difference which becomes more and more
apparent as the population increases.

Thanks for the link Bill.

--
Kurtz le pirate
Compagnie de la Banquise

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'randompointsincircle.jpg' (216 KB)

Preview of image 'randompointsincircle.jpg'
randompointsincircle.jpg