POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Fourier transform of an image? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 19:00:58 EDT (-0400)
  Fourier transform of an image? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: gregjohn
Subject: Fourier transform of an image?
Date: 15 Oct 2019 09:55:00
Message: <web.5da5cf13d84b00751da97f40@news.povray.org>
Hi, I know that povray enables several kinds of image processing, if you load an
image as a pigment pattern.  I'm listening to some advanced lectures on
microscopy, and they are talking about doing a Fourier transform on an image.

Q: How easy is it to do this in povray?  TIA

Post a reply to this message

Le 2019-10-15 à 09:52, gregjohn a écrit :
> Hi, I know that povray enables several kinds of image processing, if you load an
> image as a pigment pattern.  I'm listening to some advanced lectures on
> microscopy, and they are talking about doing a Fourier transform on an image.
>
> Q: How easy is it to do this in povray?  TIA

I don't know, but, if you save as a .JPG, then, there is a Fourier
transform performed while encoding the image.

Post a reply to this message

"gregjohn" <pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Hi, I know that povray enables several kinds of image processing, if you load an
> image as a pigment pattern.  I'm listening to some advanced lectures on
> microscopy, and they are talking about doing a Fourier transform on an image.
>
> Q: How easy is it to do this in povray?  TIA

I haven't been able to do it - yet.
But I've been getting better at implementing stuff like this.

I'm thinking that if you need it any time soon - use a 3rd party package.

It's been a while since I've wrestled with the FFT.

1D:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.58b813187922eedfc437ac910%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=428294
&toff=350

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.58bd5ea376ca50b7c437ac910%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=428294