POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Wood fiber BRDF Server Time
28 Mar 2024 08:06:59 EDT (-0400)
  Wood fiber BRDF (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Wood fiber BRDF
Date: 14 May 2018 12:40:00
Message: <web.5af9bba029940495c437ac910@news.povray.org>
Still thinking about all the things that go into creating a good cross-sectional
wooden pattern, texture, and finish.

I came across this from 2005, but it had some interesting information, and
didn't know if there was any interest in making a special reflectance model /
keyword / branch to see what it yields.

https://www.cs.cornell.edu/~srm/publications/SG05-wood.pdf

There was also some allusion in the paper to special models for woven materials,
and IIRC, paper.

But I did come across this more recent paper on trying to better model paper,
something which I touched on briefly a while back, and clipka briefly replied
to.
https://graphics.ethz.ch/~mpapas/publications/paper-paper.pdf

Post a reply to this message

Am 14.05.2018 um 18:38 schrieb Bald Eagle:
> Still thinking about all the things that go into creating a good cross-sectional
> wooden pattern, texture, and finish.
>
> I came across this from 2005, but it had some interesting information, and
> didn't know if there was any interest in making a special reflectance model /
> keyword / branch to see what it yields.
>
> https://www.cs.cornell.edu/~srm/publications/SG05-wood.pdf
>
> There was also some allusion in the paper to special models for woven materials,
> and IIRC, paper.
>
> But I did come across this more recent paper on trying to better model paper,
> something which I touched on briefly a while back, and clipka briefly replied
> to.
> https://graphics.ethz.ch/~mpapas/publications/paper-paper.pdf

Can you do me a favour and add this as a GitHub issue? I'd like to
re-visit this some time, but I fear it may leave my field of view before
I get around to it.

Post a reply to this message

> Can you do me a favour and add this as a GitHub issue?

Done.

> I'd like to
> re-visit this some time, but I fear it may leave my field of view before
> I get around to it.

Boy, don't I know how THAT works.